From the rechargeable battery’s name, we can refer to its especial feature that its power can be renewed by using a battery charger, therefore, we can use it for a longer time. It is the reason why so many people prefer using this battery to others.
However, there are a lot of rechargeable batteries’ types, for example, AA, AAA, D, C, V9, so it’s quite hard for buyers who want to buy suitable batteries for their devices. In the market, AA rechargeable battery is the most popular type due to its multiple useful functions.
It can be used for portable radio, remote control, flashlight, camera, wireless keyboard, mouse, electronic music keyboard and so on. But the question is how to choose the AA rechargeable battery which has a good quality? In this article, we will help you find the answer for this question by giving some helpful guides to choose the right ones.
- Defining what type of AA rechargeable batteries you want
Not only the rechargeable batteries have many types in general, but the AA rechargeable batteries also have a diversity types in particular which are based on their levels of milliampere-hour or mAh between 2000 mAh and 8000mAh, and of course, if the level of milliampere-hour is high, this battery will last longer and vice versa.
However, “last” is different from “live” and the longevity of the AA rechargeable batteries depends on the way you use and store them. There are some typical devices and their types:
- TV remote controls: owing to using a little power, therefore, their levels of milliampere-hour are lowest: from 500 to 1200 mAh.
- Flashlights: especially EDC (everyday carry) flashlights also use not much power between 500 to 2000 mAh.
- Digital cameras: because of a majority of complexed functions, therefore, they require much power, from 1800 to 2200 mAh.
- Gaming controllers: following the order of level, we can guess gaming controllers use more power than three devices above because they need batteries which do not drain power quickly between 1900 and 3000 mAh.
In addition, the AA rechargeable batteries can be divided into two main types, they are:
- NiCd (Nickel Cadmium) batteries: they work well, have a long life, have a good performance in low temperatures. This is the reason why they are more expensive than others. The devices which use these batteries are remote controls, wireless mice and keyboards.
- NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) batteries: they have a long life and high level of milliampere-hour, therefore, they are usually used for gaming controllers, digital cameras and flashlights.
- Some famous and prestige brands
Besides the types of the AA rechargeable batteries, we also need to concern about their brands, because famous and prestige companies usually guarantee the quality and their products are better than the products of unknown companies:
- Sanyo: this company manufactures a variety of the rechargeable batteries’ types, but the most common ones are the NiMH batteries with the level of milliampere-hour is 2700 mAh. Its batteries are friendly environmental and can be recharged a lot of times.
- Sony: this name is very famous with many types of rechargeable batteries and batteries chargers. In order to be suitable for consumers’ budget, the company offer many levels of qualities and costs in Lithium-ion and NiMH. However, if you consider more about a higher quality, you should buy Lithium-ion batteries.
In addition to Sanyo and Sony, you can buy the AA rechargeable batteries which are produced by Duracell or Energizer, they are both prestige companies, so you do not need to worry about their batteries’ quality.
- General tips
In order to choose the good AA rechargeable batteries, you should ask experienced people who can be your family’s members, your friends, and other for more valuable advice and if they have free time, you can ask them to go with you.
Remember you should find data or information about products in the official websites of the prestige companies in advance and then go to as many stores as possible to compare their price, their quality and so on. Moreover, you should check them carefully to avoid fake or ruined AA rechargeable batteries.